Erin L. Deady, P.A., is a full service legal and consulting firm. The Firm is Small Business Administration federally-certified as a Woman-Owned firm. Firm President, Erin Deady, is a licensed attorney in Florida, a certified land planner by the American Institute of Certified Planners (“AICP”) and a LEED AP.
Public Sector Government Representation
Handling Issues On
Environmental Restoration Initiatives
Climate, Energy & Water
Land Use Issues
Special Purpose Governmental Representation & Creation
Land Use Planning
Erin is a frequent lecturer and author on climate change, energy, environmental restoration and public finance issues statewide and nationally.
Erin L. Deady, P.A. specializes in large-scale environmental restoration initiatives involving areas such as the Everglades, Lake Okeechobee, Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi River and southern Louisiana wetlands. She also specializes in land use, water resource, sustainability and climate change matters and has a strong track record in securing grants for governmental and agricultural clients. Erin L. Deady, P.A. is a full service legal and consulting firm also serving Of Counsel to Corbett and White, P.A.
Areas of Practice:
Environmental, Energy, Land Use, Water Use and Planning, Sustainability and Climate Change.
Environmental. Clients have included local governments, Special Districts, private sector companies, agricultural and Tribal entities involving environmental restoration, development and regulatory issues such as jurisdictional wetlands, endangered species, and water resources management and planning.
Energy. Work has included projects public and private sector clients on the development of energy financing programs and incentives for project development related to energy efficiency, energy financing, energy conservation planning and project management, green building, federal and state legislative issues and renewable energy.
Land Use. Projects have included work with multiple consulting teams as both Project Manager and Sub-contractor on projects related to comprehensive planning, code development and project approval.
Water Use and Planning. Clients have been represented before local, state and federal agencies, on wetland and water resources permitting, federal and state rulemaking, litigation and legislative issues.
Sustainability and Climate Change. Projects have included securing funding for and development of numerous sustainability and climate change plans and integration of these issues into the local government planning process.
- Erin L. Deady, P.A., President and Of Counsel to Corbett and White, P.A., 2011 to present.
- Lewis, Longman & Walker, P.A., 2003-2011, Shareholder, 2008. Ms. Deady also created the firm’s Sustainability Practice Group in 2010 and served as its first Chair.
- Environmental Counsel, Audubon of Florida, 1997-2003, an alliance of the National Audubon and Florida Audubon Societies. Ms. Deady provided policy formulation and legal representation on a range of issues including water resources, land use, administrative law, land acquisition and Everglades Restoration policy.
- Various land use planning and environmental issues for the Village of Wellington, the Broward County Department of Planning and Environmental Protection, the South Florida Water Management District.
- Fellow at the Center for Urban and Environmental Solutions at Florida Atlantic University, 1995-1997.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, Juris Doctorate, 2000.
- Florida Atlantic University, Master of Public Administration, Environmental Growth Management Fellow, 1996.
- University of the Virgin Islands, Master of Public Administration Program, attended 1995.
- University of Miami, Bachelor of Arts, Marine Science Affairs, 1993.
Professional, Civic and Community Involvement & Memberships
- Admitted to Florida Bar (2000), member of Executive Council for the Environmental and Land Use Law Section, 2002-Present.
- Chair 2012-Present
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Planners & the Florida Chapter of the American Planning Association.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED AP®), U.S. Green Building Council.
- Gale Academy Board of the Friends of the Environmental Academy, Forest Hill High School, 2008-2010.
- Participated in Southern Most AIDS Ride, Miami to Key West, to raise funds for AIDS/HIV Charities, 2004, 2008 & 2012.
- Member, Alternative Water Supply Grant Selection Committee, SFWMD, May-June, 2003.
- State Co-Chair of the Everglades Coalition, 2002 & April 2003-October 2003.
- Pal-Mar Water Control District Board of Supervisors, July 2002-July 2005.
- Admitted to Practice all Florida Courts.
- Admitted to Practice in the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.